Tuesday 19 April 2011

Less is More

I've managed the Less Is More challenge this week just about. I couldn't find my acetate anywhere, I know I have some as I bought a full packet whilst I was back in the UK. I did manage to find one sheet, not really what I wanted and somewhat scuffed, but hey it was better than nothing!!


I haven't made an acetate card for ages so I struggled some what and it didn't travel from head to paper at all!!
I stamped by House Mouse image 'Balloon Ride' on the rear of the acetate and the mushrooms, grasses and leaves on the inside of the front piece.
I wanted some colour so I coloured the image with Copics - shan't be doing that again in a hurry!!! I printed the image on the rear thinking it would look more like Hoppy was floating off into space, but perhaps I should have done it the other way around, or white card at the rear and the image on the acetate at the front.
 The photograph above is with the card laid flat and I've put a piece of lightly patterned paper behind it for some definition. Below is a photograph of the card stood upright - just look and the difference in colours!!! 


Not a success methinks, but roll on next week and I can  try again!!

Photobucket

26 comments:

Dianne said...

Heather, I think you did an excellent job. There is a difference in the color. It has been a loooong time since I have worked with acetate so it would be a try and error for me. However, yours is beautiful!!

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow this is fabulous, i didnt think copics would work on acetate, luv the way you have stamped it hun, it stunning, sue,x

Chrissy said...

Well..I think it is wonderful..I love how you have coloured the main image only...fabulous..
Luv CHRISSYxx

G Peplow said...

I don't know what you mean, it's fabulous, you're so hard on yourself, I love your little mouse to pieces. The colours are fab, you just need to see it in the right light. Hugs:0) xxx

chrissy xx said...

Me thinks it's one Huge success!! LOve everything about it. It's Gorgeous. Me thinks you are very clever lol.
Chrissyxx

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! I think you've done a fab job with the colouring and everything! Love it! :)
Lizy x

angelwhispers said...

Fab Heather!!! Don't know why you think otherwise the image looks beautiful and the colours so perfect!!! Love Chanelle xxx

Moni said...

So beautiful, lovely image. Hugs,moni

Whisper said...

Oooo this is just simply fabby, am loving the scene you made for it, Luv Sam x

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Heather this is just soooooooo cute and what a fab idea to colour on the acetate
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Fiona said...

this is soooo pretty and I'm glad I am not alone with the acetate issue!!

Fi
x

Becky said...

This is so adorable Heather! Love the design.

Jenny said...

Sweet little card, love the cute image. Great stamping on the acetate.
Jenny x

Kirsti said...

Ihana hiirikortti<3

Mandi said...

Hi chooch
isn't it annoying when we can't lay our hands on something!
WOW i love it with the white behind, as you say what a difference
Great job, thank you, have a good week
mandi
Less is More

Cathy said...

Its stunning Heather, and I love how you have combined the stamps.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Chrissie said...

Heather , this is SO enterprising... all that stamping on this most slippery of surfaces, plus the colouring wow what a super job!
Hats off to you for this one!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Grenouille Greetings said...

I think it's LOVELY Heather! Must be hard to colour with Copics on acetate and you did it perfectly! Love the Lavinia elements too! Hugs, Lesley

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Heather.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heather !! I LOVE this !! WOW !!! your colouring on acetate is brilliant !!

luv
Lols x x x

Dolly Daydreams said...

This is so gorgeous what a very clever idea and such lovely images.

Marie

Suze Bain said...

I think it's great - your stamping and colouring are fab. x

Unknown said...

Its wonderful, I think you have captured the feeling of the little moust floating off just perfectly! Wish my mis-adventures with acetate had turned out like yours! Sarah

Susan said...

Awww...Heather! This is just adorable!! Love that little mouse!

Deborah Frings said...

I think is is so sweet - the image is beautifully coloured. It's fab!

Sandra1968 said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...