Saturday 11 September 2010

Mo's Digital Challenge

I've made this card for the challenge over at DP2 which asks for special folds and flowers, although I'm not sure it can be classed as a card. I've used the instructions from the fabulous Stampartic blog and they call it a tea-light card so hopefully it will pass muster, if not - just ignore me girls.



I've used the beautiful Christmas Fairy Holly and coloured her with Copics. she is cut out with oval nesties and the edges stamped with a Magnolia New Year flourish stamp. The papers are all from SU, the flourishes cut with a Marianne creatable, the pearls are Prima marketing and the flower Wild Orchid crafts. The ribbon and lace are both from my stash.


This is the inside of the card with a pocket and tag one one side and the tea-light box on the other. Please excuse the pink tea-lights, I went to the shop to get some creamy one and came back with everything but. 
Bad memory - who me???


All the edges are inked with Vintage photo distress ink , and this is the back of the card and I will stamp something on the oval when I decided who the recipient is.


This is the side of the card and I've just realised, seeing it on screen I should have put a strip of dp down the edge of the spine - ooops!!

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, mine would be better if Mr Blogger would stop leaving me silly messages and let me move around blogland a little better, a lot better.
Photobucket

29 comments:

Sandra said...

Hello Heather!
Love it!!! Wonderful colours and absolutely perfect coloration.

Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs and kisses Paula

Sol said...

OM...GOSH! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! The image is so cute! and your embellishment is STUNNING! I love the swirls (ofcourse).... The Colours. And the way you have put everything together.. I love it! Have a Great Weekend!!! :) ( I have bought the M.Design Swirls too... But I cant get them to cut properly... May I ask what kind of cutting system you are using with the M.Design Creatable?. I might have to try again... Seeing this!! :)

Christine said...

Wow Heather fab image gorgeous vintage feel to the colour combo another awesome creation..

smiles Christine xx

Tracy said...

This is so fabulous and beautiful. I adore your choice of image, and the colour and papers are perfect too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Renkata said...

Heather that is stunningly beautiful card. Great colours combo and delightful details.
wowowowowow!!!

Annie said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh totally gorgeous. Love the way you have done the fairy - only seen it in red or pink before. Looks fab.
Ann xxx

Little K Smith said...

Oooh this is stunning Heather! Gorgeous vintage colours, adorable image, love the beautiful flowers 'n' pearls too!
Kelly.x

Shazza said...

it's gorgeous x

maiju said...

Lovely colors on your card.

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow totally stunning, beautiful colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies, stunning creation, sue,x

stephanne said...

This is gorgeous, all of those vintage touches and gorgeous details, wow, and your colouring is always fantastic!!
hugs, stephanne

The Wired Angel said...

That looks like a special fold to me! Great card Heather. Very creative and lovely job. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's special folds challenge this week. Hugs, Peggy x

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is a cracker the papers,the image the detail wow hugs cheryl xxxx

SusanK said...

This would look stunning on a little girl's wall for the holidays!

Elaine L. said...

This is so elegant! There is so much detail....just a lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Solange Barreto said...

Fabulous Card.
Have a nice weekend.

Leigh said...

So pretty Heather.

Cynthia said...

I think this is definitely a special fold! Wow, what a great gift idea. How many times have I wished to add/change something after posting!

Karen said...

Totally stunning cards Heather. All are sooooo beautifull.

Love Karen x

Annika said...

I've GOT to make one of those - incredibly beautiful!!
I love your colouring, whatever medium you use. And that double pearl swirl - yum!!
Hugs
Annika

Jackie said...

Oh Heather this is stunning... (and yes, defo a special fold I would say)... its beautiful, thank you for sh aring with us at Mo's this week x

Simone said...

Oh my gosh, Heather, what a gorgeous creation!!! I love the papers, flowers, swirls and pearls!
Simone

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Heather,This is so wonderful,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Moni said...

Hi Heather, fab card, adn love the inside. Great colours and papers. Hugs,moni

angelwhispers said...

Oh my word this is amazing and sooooo beautiful!! Love everything about it the papers and the image are adorbale!!!

Missed the house mouse card on the previous post my word it gorgeous just love House Mouse images!!

Love Chanelle xx

Deirdre said...

Wow... just stunning. Love it.

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the inside of this too - gorgeous papers & half an hour ago I was going to comment then went on a Mo Manning journey which was rather fun..... thanks for that little education.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Maya said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous!
Love the papers, colors and the details are just wonderful!!
And Mo`s image is just adorable :)
Hugs from Maya

Dawn B. said...

Heather I am always so happy to see your name in the challenge.. Your card is perfect for this week.. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...