Tuesday 25 May 2010

A Card for Jayme

I'm sending this card to Jayme, the sister of Lisa my 'teamie' on the House Mouse challenge blog.

This is taken from Lisa's post
I am having a special event for my sister Jayme. She is in her early 50's and has terminal lung cancer. To make it worse, her sweet dachshund Molly passed away a couple weeks ago. Today we learned her cancer has spread to several other areas and her time is running out. I am asking for all my card making friends to send her a fun card...not really get well cards obviously, but something pretty or funny that will make her smile. She is a frog collector so frog cards would be awesome! I have been blessed by all those I design for to have a wonderful offer of blog candy. Details are below on how to enter. I will choose a winner June 2nd.

I had intended to do a 'froggie' card but my computer had an electric shock at weekend - my electric supply to my sockets failed and the consequence of this everything in my computer was jumbled up. I spent the whole of Saturday and Sunday trying to sort everything out and still not finished. Where are my download images I'd like to know. I've done a search and found some but my froggie seems to have completely disappeared. I did this card some time ago and think it was one of my successful experiments and I actually like this one. The sentiment is eminently suitable so decided this should be the one for Jayme.



Lisa's has had amazing amount of candy donated to her appeal  for a card for Jayme and the directions are below - so create a card and a little happiness.


Directions to enter:
1. Create a card that is funny and a frog if you have one! (NO get well cards please)
Inside please include a note saying that you are a stamping friend of her sister Lisa's.
2. Mail your card to
Jayme Clevenger
2826 Wilshire
Woodward, OK 73801
USA
3. Post your card on your blog (if you have one) and directly link back to my event here. 4. Enter your direct link below (at Lisa's blog - LINK)

Please leave a link to your card created and mailed to Jayme.  Thanks for helping me make her smile!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Renee said...

What a great idea. I will work on it tonight and mail it out tomorrow or the next day. I have the same type of ting on my blog for a litte boy that has cancer. If you want to check it out and pass it on it's http://toadlyhandmadebyrenee.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Your card is gorgeous Heather, I love it.

Sandie said...

Stunning card Heather. I just love all the embossing and of course your super sweet, perfectly coloured Tilda :)

cheryl said...

oh hun this is really beautiful will try so hard to get this done,hugs cheryl xxx

Pam and Presley said...

Sorry to hear about your sister and her puppy, it is a hard thing to go through. I also am sorry to hear about her puppy they are such great companions and just like having a kid. I too am a dachshund lover also and they are so loving and loyal!

Your Card is very beautiful and elegant I think it would have made a beautiful wedding card also.

I loved the colors, layout and theme.

Thank you for sharing
Pam

Lorraine A said...

beautiful card Heather ,, i am sure Jayme will love this :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Sol said...

Oh I love all the dry embossing! Lovely Card. Love the colours too! :)

Moni said...

WAw Heather you have made fab card, so love the imag and great colour comob. Jayme will be happy to recieve this fab card! Hugs,moni

SheilaS said...

Sorry not checked your blog out lately. My loss as your cards are stunning as ever. Love this one.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,i love your image and your paper.
So chique.

Hugs Riet.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...