Wednesday 20 January 2010

Truly Scrumptious DT


We have a fabulous sketch by the lovely Nicole over at Truly Scrumptious this week and the optional extra this week is stitching, real or faux. Cheick out the other DT's creations - there are some real beauties.

I normally get my sewing machine out when stitching is required, however I found this, as yet unused, whatsit thingummy gadget I bought at the NEC. It's by EK Success and it punches little dots (not quite holes) as you run it along a scorboard, so I decided to give it it's first outing.


I used the fabulous image, Video Boy, from Mo's Digital Pencil and coloured him in Copics, the Papers are MME but I'm not sure which as I have them all mixed up. I decided to keep the image fresh and light so it would stand out from the papers which are so strong and powerful.  I couldn't find anything the right colours  in my stash to  use in place of the flowers so I tried for a masculine look using the EK Success punch, a Woodware stamen punch (I've used this as parts of a snowflake too) and put star brads in the center.
I used a ticket from the Adage collection by Tim Holtz, a border punch by EK Success and a sentiment from Papermania.

23 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Heather,

this is gorgeous, the colours work so well together, your colourwork on the image is just stunning

Joey.x

Crafting Queen said...

Fantastic card, love the image and the colours are perfect. Anesha

Sandie said...

Love that image, perfect for teen boys!! Great colours, very strong.

"whatsit thingummy gadget".. LOL!!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is fab, brilliant work with the image and great colours.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

This is fantastic Heather. Your colouring is superb, a perfect card for a guy.

Cards By MI said...

Great card once again. Lovely colours!
Marie

Mina said...

fabulous card Heather, stunning colouring on your Mo's image...thank you so much for my amazing birthday card, its beautiful
Mina xxx

gina g said...

Wow i love this card Heather the colours the image well the lot really, brilliant. luv gina xx

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creation. Love the colours and design.
Hugs
Desire

Unknown said...

Love the image, perfect for a teen!! The colours and stitching look stunning,
hugs Angela x

Christine said...

Wowzer Heather this is a gorgeous young male card love the DPs & image + colouring is fantastic as usual..

Hugs Christine xx

Paula.Crafty Cow said...

I have just found your blog and find it so inspiring that i will join the group of followers, the colours, textures and design are fab.
Luv Paula

Beth S said...

Wow you knocked it out of the park with the colouring on this card. Beautifully done.

Nicole Bailey said...

Oh Heather I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card! LOVE the papers you used, and that image is so adorable! Love the easel card!
And thanks for the stitching tip!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Heather, wow hunny you've been busy since my last visit and all the cards you've made are stunning. I love that tilda image you've been looking for, can't wait for that to be released. Hope your having a good week, im having trouble with my internet connection again!!!! it wont let me chat, very annoying! enjoy your evening hunny hugs Linda x

Moni said...

Stunning card Heather, so love the cute image and fab papers and colouring. Love new toy of yours. I need this for holes! Hugs,moni

cheryl said...

wonderful work hun adore that image and those papers are just gojus,fab detail too hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Tracy said...

Love your card... and what a neat hole puncher thingy.

Julie said...

Fantastic card Heather, beautifully coloured and put together.

Sandra1968 said...

Amazing card! I've bought this image too a while ago, but haven't used it yet. But this card is great!

Denimo said...

Hi Heather. I absolutely adore this card. The coloring on the image is divine!!! Excellent!!

Simone said...

This is so beautiful! What an amazing job you did on that sketch!
Simone

Lisa Jane said...

I love this card. I struggle with male cards and am really making an effort to make more of them - the image is coloured so beautifully and your choice of colours is fantastic.
A card any young man would love to receive i am sure.

Lisa ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...