Friday 19 June 2009

CCC's Black + one

Well what a day I've had!! The removal man came to assess the volume of what I'm taking with me to Germany so they could work out a quote. He told me it would take 7-21 days for my thing to arrive (21 DAYS!!) because I only need part of a container. To hire a full container another £600 - ooh think what crafting goodies I could buy with that!! He then asked would they be taking the cat - (for 21 days - NO!!!) so he gave me the name and number of pet transporters.
They explained how it worked - they would take him by road to London where he would get on a plane to Frankfurt which is their port of destination in Germany. From Frankfurt he would be taken by road to Bergen. From Frankfurt to Bergen is an average of 7 hours (6 on a good run, 8 on a bad). The cost covers him to Frankfurt and it would be extra from there.
How much?? £3,000 - no - I haven't mistakenly put an extra 0 in.
Had I mistakenly asked for an elephant to be transported to Australia or a hippopotamus to outer space I wonder?
Right off to search the web - smaller, cheaper airlines don't take pets, larger ones do. British Airways - no they don't (they wouldn't would they?) but fortunately Lufthansa, the Germany airline do. I can fly from Manchester to Hamburg with him for £30, not only that he can travel in the cabin with me. So as soon as I his passport is issued I shall book.
And so another day has passed and I have achieved nothing!!

***************

On to the card, I started this on Wednesday for the Creative Card Crew's challenge black plus one other. I chose to use one of the Leanne Ellis images, as they lend them selves well to monochrome, and coloured it with Derwent pencils. The papers are a download from the Sweet Shoppe and the borders cut with a Friskars border punch.


Materials
Sweet Shoppe papers
Image Leanne Ellis
Derwent pencils
Punches - Friskars border & Leone Em branch
Rest from stash

22 comments:

Moni said...

Waw fab card, love the image and the colour combo is great! Love the punch you used, great work!
The transporters take to m uch money for their servises!:(
Yes you need passport for your pet! :)
Have a fab weekend! Hugs, moni

Joey said...

Hi Heather hun, gorgeous gorgeous card, just love the blue!. my gosh 3,000 they were having a laugh werent they geees.Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

Katy said...

Fab card Heather, the colours are very vibrant

xx

Julie said...

This is beautiful Heather, I love the monochrome look. Sorry to hear you're having such a troublesome time with the move, I bet you can't wait till it's all over.

Mandi said...

OM goodness 3 grand, thats outrageous!
glad you have found another option

FABULOUS card Rica
xx

Mina said...

omg Heather £3000 are they kidding, I think we need to go into business trasporting animals lol...I will do it for £500 says me rubbing my hands together for how much I can spend on crafting goodies with that lol...stunning card, love the colours very unusual for her hair but it really works xxx

Sandie said...

Love the colour combo, that blue really pops out against the black. Cute image and I adore your flower!!

Di said...

Love the blue card Rica maybe thats how your feeling after the quote!!and all the stress with moving.

Love the punch border.

Hugs Di xx

Pia said...

This is beautiful Heather, I love the monochrome look.Have a nice week.
hugs Pia

Tab said...

Gorge card hun, love the colours, just delish!

Ooooh er, you better pack some essential stash in your suitcase, cos 21 days is along time with your stamps LOL. Oooh and £3000 for the cat, tut and they wonder why people smuggle animals in the country......not that I'm suggesting you do that LOL.
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

Karen said...

Gorjus ! Love the colour combo.

love Karen x

Nicola said...

Totally stunning Heather and so beautifully coloured too. Your papers are delish and the punched borders are such a pretty detail with your beautiful ribbon and flower.
Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew this week.
Nicola -x-

Kim Costello said...

Fabulous card Heather she looks great with Blue hair, can't believe the cost of transport!!! It's daylight robbery, bless do you need to take a photo for his passport? Too cute!
Big HuGs to you hun and all the stresses of moving, Kim x

Torico said...

Another beautiful card, Heather. Love the colour combo and the punched borders, it's beautiful!!

torico XX

June Houck said...

I learned the term "removalist" from my Australian blog friend just recently.

I am glad your kitty can be with you on the trip!

Beautiful card :) The image reminds me of the cartoon characters "Charlie & Lola" my girls used to watch.

UKMUMINUSA said...

LOL it only cost us approx 2000GBP to bring our dog to the US when we moved from the UK, glad you find out a cheaper way!!!! some people just try it on. Where abouts in Germany, I have lived in a few places, Birgelen, Hannover, Rheindahlen........ Sam

Sam said...

Sounds pretty hectic atm for you. Glad you are still managing to fit in some crafting, sure you need to with all the stress of moving! Great card, love the blue & black together. Do I spot some SU paper there?
Have a good weekend.
Sam x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Heather,what beautiful,l love the colour and image.

Hugs Riet.x

Tasha said...

Lol id love to see a hippo in space - id pay £3000 for that show lol!
Your card is beautiful, love the blue and black and your colouring of the image is just wonderful. The flower and bow really finish the card beautifully
Thank you for joining in the creative card crew challenge
love tasha xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
hope you managed to find cheaper quote hun??? Gorgeous card striking colours, fabby image luv it, sue.xx

Unknown said...

wow the blue in this is terrific and overall a terific card...will yer stop it please me desk is wet from drooling over them all fabbulous card ....wonderful colours just love a good nosey at your work hugs sassyx

Dawn said...

Wow this is stunning!! Love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...