Monday 20 April 2009

House Mouse #34 - Springtime

This week's challenge at House Mouse & Friends is hosted by the lovely Carolyn and she has chosen Sprintime as her theme.

We also have a sponsor for this week's challenge~



And...look at the precious stamp that you could win:

****************************************
I chose to do an English Springtime - daffodils and RAIN!!!

We used to have a static caravan up in the north 'Lakes' where I used escape for peaceful weekends. The springtime always reminded me of Wordworths poem 'Daffodils'

"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils,
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."

But always, always it rained!!!

I think this is why I love the HM image (Gentle rain) so much - it brings back
happy memories.



I used Basic Grey Periphery papers and coloured the image with distress inks. The corners are cut with the EK Succes corner/border punch and the swirls with the Sizzix die. The sentiment is Inkadinkado which I tried to make look like a puddle of rain at the bottom of the image - but I'm not sure it worked (lol)

20 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh bless him that mouse is so cute. wonderful card.
luv
Debby

de said...

Your card is amazing as always! So cute! I buy from Simon Says Stamp all the time! Great sponsor!

Lesley said...

aww this is gorgeous!!!
Take care Luv n hugs Lesley xxx

Karen said...

STUNNING cards Heather. I've missed so many and they are all gorjus.

Love this little fellow and you are right it does always rain. Lovely.

Love Karen xxx

Tara said...

I really love this image too Heather and you're right, it does always rain for us in Spring!! Your card is a stunner, I love the colour choice and those corners really set the whole thing off beautifully! xx

Georgia said...

Wonderful card Heather - I LOVE that image and the border around the image. The heart brads are lovely too!
I love it!
Love, Georgia xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Heather,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

Janneke said...

Great card!

Janneke X

Sue said...

Oh Heather a stunning card hun beautiful colours i luv these stamps, sue.x

~MudpieMouse@ said...

Heather, You picked such a simple design and turned it into a work of art. This is truly beautiful and I know the House-Mouse gang all love it! Keep on stampin' on!

Stacy Morgan said...

So sweet, great colors I like the heart brads and a great HM image.

America said...

exquisite details, stunning coloring. LOVE THIS!!!!

Sue said...

Aw, I love that image. What a sweet little face on that mouse. You have colored it so beautifully too. Love the green and yellow color combination you chose and all the embellishments. So much to look at........just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness Heather!! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love how you colored it! And, yes, the sentiment DOES look like a puddle!! Great job on this challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

aww that is just to cute!! I love the colours, I just want to pick him up & cuddle him!!

stephanne said...

Heather,
You take greens to another level!! Amazing as usual, colored perfectly, and detailed just right.
Stephanne

Lori Barnett said...

I see the flowers smiling :) And I'm smiling...cause this is just SO CUTE!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your gorgeous card brings Wordsworth's poem to life, and your impeccable coloring has breathed life into this adorable HM image. I love every divine detail:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Desire Fourie said...

Aaah, this is so adorable. One just want to give him a little hug. Gorgeous design and colours. Hugs from Desire

Tasha said...

Super cute card Heather - the image is adorable
love tasha xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...