Sunday 23 November 2008

Ignore this post - I'm just getting things off my chest!!!

I returned home from Germany on Monday, and what a disastrous time I've been having. First I couldn't open my vestibule door to get at my mail - it was jammed shut - I had to 'jemmy' it open, now I need a new handle for it. When I did - OK there were a few goodies, but the amount of paper work waiting was unbelievable, (I'd only been away a fortnight for goodness sake).
When I opened my front door the handle came off in my hand, the door had swollen so much whilst I was away. I loaned my plane out to someone who hadn't returned it, so off I went to buy another, to plane down the door and then re-varnished it.
There was a message on my answering machine from my accountant wanting my yearly accounts - ooops!! I lost them when my computer was giving me problems earlier in the year and hadn't caught up.
My prize for my Basic Grey challenge has 'gone missing' in the post and the PO attitude frankly left a lot to be desired. Haven't given up on this one yet though.
Everytime I try and leave a comment on someone's blog my stupid computer tells me 'Internet Explorer cannot display this Webpage' - several attempts later I usually get there - but this is so time consuming. Apologies to all for my missing comments.
By Saturday I was just about losing the will to live, but being the eternal optimist - I'm thinking - New Week - New Start.
(LOL - I'm beginning to see the funny side of all this now I've written it all down.)

10 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Oh Dear!!! I do hope things get better for you & your BG prize turns up,take care :o)x

Powerful Search Engine said...

You poor thing how can we ignore all these terrible things that have happened. I have weeks like this or days like this so I know exactly where you are coming from. Good on you for getting it off your chest! LOL Pascalex

Annie said...

oh hope things are on the up for you. Definitely hope the prize turns up - oh I would be gutted if goodies got lost.

let us know how it turns out.

Ann xxx

Sarah said...

sorry to hear about your bad week, I have left something for you on my blog.

Sarah x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Sending you a huge hug Rica, hope the coming week is much better for you. Kirsten.

Joey said...

Hi Heather, my gosh I think I would have exploded had that all happened to me! I do hope our bg prize arrives.xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh my goodness Heather. What a time you're having. Hopefully this will cheer you up a little bit. There is something for you over at my blog (providing your PC lets you look at it!).
Sharon

Barbara said...

My poor sweet Rica....Hugs to you!! You deserve to treat yourself to some chocolate....LOTs of chocolate to sooth your nerves. And after savoring the chocolate, treat yourself to a shopping cart full of scrapping/cardmaking goodies!
Hugs to you, Rica. Sorry you had such a stressful return home.

Dawn said...

Oh! Dear Heather - I bet reading it back it reads like a funny film!!
Where we would be if we couldn't see the funny side!!
Hope you get the door sorted and maybe your prize will turn up yet.
Don't get me started with the P/O!!!
Now these comments - they wouldn't happen to be on a Typepad blog would they because I can't leave messages on Typepads with word verification and it is sooo annoying. Reported it to blogger through the help group but frankly they're as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!

Hope this week is better!

Dawn
x

Emma said...

I hope this week will prove to be a better one for you. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...